Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 58

Things are starting to pick back up at the house. Gavin was released from the hospital and is recovering at home now. He still has a long road, but we are so thankful that he is going to be ok!
 
I stopped by the house on my way home from work to take pictures and try to catch the blog up. While Ben and I spent most of last week in the hospital, we did have someone working around the house peeling wallpaper and doing other things. He got 2 rooms of wallpaper down and took up some old tile flooring. I did not remember to get a picture of those things, but will try to do that.
 
Yesterday they worked on the roof to the addition. We have someone coming later this week to repair the structural part so the existing shingles needed to come off. Once the shingles are off and the roof is repaired, then the roofers will come and put a entirely new one on.
 
 
 
When they were up there together, I kept saying "are you sure you are safe??" It made me so nervous! I was expecting one of them to fall through it. I am happy to say that there were no injuries : )

 

 
I also went inside and took some updated pictures of the kitchen renovation.
 
This is what it looked like before.

 
And this is what is looks like as of yesterday.
 
As you can see, the wall that was dividing the kitchen from the breakfast area has been taken down. It really opens things up!
 
This is the wall that was dividing the kitchen and former dining room. We have decided to push back the wall a few feet in order to expand the kitchen. The refrigerator, ovens, and more cabinet space will cover the wall when we build it back. The former dining room will become Bens new office. If you look past the office, into the room with the large window, it will become the new formal dining room. The room was the formal living room, but we would not utilize it that way, so turning it into a dining room made the most sense.
 
This is the ceiling in the kitchen currently. I nearly died when I walked in and it had been taken down. Bens comment was "well, it may have fallen down, with my help." Ha! It's a good thing I completely trust him!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment